Rob's Interview with Movie Star Mag - Japan - Translation

Q: Do you think that from early on being pushed into the pub lic spot light has made you more aware than other peo ple that you have to be sure to live your own life?
Rob: It’s true that I was put in a place where I had to be more mind ful and take more respon si bil ity for every thing. I couldn’t just be aim less. Also, the direc tion of my career has finally moved in a pos i tive direc tion and I’ve tried to make a bit of progress. Thanks to the fact that I’ve had the time to think about a lot of things dur ing this period, life itself is now free of the anguish that I felt in my past. I’m also now aware of just how lucky I am. I think that’s why I can enjoy it more and be more aware of what’s inter est ing to me and expe ri ence it all.

Q: When some peo ple attain the kind of enor mous suc cess that you have they develop a sense of guilt over how much they’re blessed. Do you have any sense of guilt?
Rob: Sense of guilt? No. I just think it’s luck. I’ve just wanted to get the most out of all my oppor tu ni ties and build a long career. That’s why now I have my feet firmly planted on the ground and I try to con cen trate on the work I’m get ting and try to enjoy the sit u a tion I’m in with out get ting both ered by all the stuff that’s hap pen ing around me. After all, the most impor tant thing to me as a human and as a pro fes sional is to evolve.

Q: Is it pos si ble to realize your own desire to have great act ing skills as an actor and only as an actor even when you’re in the midst of all this popularity?
Rob: The major ity of peo ple who are crit i cized by the pub lic for this and that are the peo ple who are con stantly putting them selves in the pub lic eye. So I guess that means I could say that it’s bet ter not to show one self in pub lic too much. I’d like to think that if you work hard to make high qual ity movies then you won’t be eval u ated as a “mean ing less celebrity,” but rather by other fac tors. If you’re seen as a celebrity, then it becomes more dif fi cult to be eval u ated based on the level of excel lence of the movies you act in. But, to give one exam ple, Johnny Depp has been win ning that bat tle. He’s the kind of per son you can’t eval u ate based on image right? The object of eval u a tion is always his act ing skills. That requires a lot of self-discipline, and the ability to hide from the pub lic eye has also become impor tant. You just have to get used to that.

Q: If you look back on your current self 10 years from now, what will you think?
Rob: I’ll prob a bly think that I should have enjoyed every thing more dur ing this com pletely amaz ing moment in my life. But it’s just now that I’ve finally begun to be able to really enjoy everything.

via

Thanks to Clara of robert-pattinson-press.jp for the scans and translation. Check the complete scans on her site.

Eclipse is scheduled for a special preview on August 23, at the Tokyo Chamber of Commerce Hall 4F Tosho. Regular screening in Japan will be November 13, 2010. More info HERE

I'm sure my friend Maika/patty13Mai is already excited for more 'Eclipse'-related promo events in Japan.


Happy birthday Maika!  Tanjoubi omedetou! Aishteru <3