Kristen and Tay's Interview in Tu Mag



An exclusive interview with Taylor and Kristen during their visit to Mexico city last month was just published by Tú magazine. Here are excerpts of the interview.

How do you feel about this enormous success, being so young and all?
Taylor: I think it’s fabulous because neither of us was expecting it. When we started filming the first movie, we never imagined we would have this kind of reaction from people. It’s very stimulating. It’s spectacular to know that there’s this huge fanbase supporting us, and of course, fans are guiding us during this entire fantasy.

Kristen: It’s very motivating, and it makes you work harder than when you were getting started, because more people will see New Moon. Especially young people. The only thing we can think of is about setting a good example to those fans. We want to give everything to those who have given us so much.

Outside of the movie sets, what do you enjoy of your daily lives?
Kristen: It’s funny when people ask me that, because my life revolves around my work. It’s our job to think about the fans and why we do the things we do. To have fun I lay the guitar, I love playing with my dig and hanging out with my friends; just normal things.

Taylor: I try to spend time with my friends and family, sadly I haven’t had much time to do so. But the whole cast and crew is very close. We have a really good time when we’re with the press, we have a lot of fun-

Kristen: That’s right. It’s easier to have fun because we’re all friends in real life, though I don’t see them as often because they all live like 45 minutes from where I live! (laughs).

Taylor, have you ever felt a love like Jacob’s love for Bella?
Taylor: Why is my love for you so impossible? (he asks Kristen and they crack up).

Kristen: Uh… just answer the question.

Taylor: Yes, definitely. I love the relationship between them; how they start being friends and end up being something more. The relationship between Edward and Bella is the complete opposite, while Jacob’s relationship with Bella renews her.

Taylor, there’s a lot of talk about your physical changes for this movie, now we can see that you’re a lot bigger and you hair is shorter…
Taylor: Yes, when I was offered the role in Twilight I focused on my body, and I knew the challenge that was ahead of me. The changes you see are the product of an entire year of work, lots of time at the gym, eating right, eating a lot.

Kristen: After his transformation, Taylor even moves differently. Jacob is the sweet kid, the fun kid, but the second he changes, he instantly looks more muscular, like he actually ate an entire animal or something.

Cool! I’d love to see if you body is as real and strong as it looks in the movie. Can you show me your biceps?

Taylor: I don’t know, you’re gonna have to wait ’til the release of the movie and see it there (laughs).

Kristen, even if you’re very famous right now, there’s things that people don’t know. Can you share any fun facts about you?

Taylor
: She’s very funny in general, you have a lot of fun with her.

Kristen: I don’t know… I have to say this because everytime I taske pictures with fans they’re like “what is wrong with you?”, but I just get very nervous and sweaty. It’s embarrassing. I think this something that people don’t know. I think I don’t like to share things and have everybody know (laughs). I also grind my teeth at night.

Taylor, What does a girl have to do to make you fall for her?

Taylor: I like someone who’s real and fun, simple as that. I like it if they’re tall and blonde. I don’t like girls who pretend to be something that they’re not.

People say that vampire stories are too sexy. Is this the case with Twilight?
Kristen: I think that for the first time, the girl is not the sex object of the story, and people don’t know what to think, and that’s the heart of a good love story. Especially in America. People freak out and they think it’s risky that the boys are the main appeal. The Twilight saga is a love story, and I think it can be sexy, but that’s it. We can’t even really touch each other in the movies.

Taylor: When we transform into wolves, the clothes are torn appart, and it’s always useful having shorts around. They prefer to wear little clothes too because wolves are always hot, so it’s fair if they have to wear few clothes (laughs).

You both started working very young, do you have an anecdote that made you want to do this for the rest of your life?
Taylor
: A friend recommended I tried this, I decided to give it a go and I liked it. I knew this is what I really want to do. When I was younger I did a lot of sports, but I never thought I would be here today.

Kristen: I started very young too. At 9 I starred in my first movie. My entire family works in the industry. I developed a love and a need for this line of work. I worked in a movie called ‘Speak’ and that was the first time I felt I was myself, I needed to tell myself that story. I was 13 when I did that movie and that’s what made me want to do this forever.


Thanks to twilight poison. Check out the rest of the scans including Rob articles at gossip-dance