If David Slade is in Charge of Breaking Dawn's Sex Scenes...


E!OnLine - Marc Malkin By now you've seen the pics of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart Edward and Bella making out on the beach.

We could only imagine what they would have been doing if Eclipse director David Slade had been hired for Breaking Dawn, too...

"I would have probably gone after it," Slade says of racier scenes in the final installment of the Twilight franchise. "I'm kind of fairly tenacious that way.

"I'd have probably done a special red band version if it were up to me," he laughed. "But no, poor ole Bill Condon has that task."

As for Eclipse (out on DVD tomorrow), Slade did reveal that there was some chatter of turning it into a 3-D flick. But the talks didn't get very far.

"There was talk of a conversion, but it was really idle talk," he explained. "I think it's really difficult to justify converting a film that wasn't shot in 3-D into 3-D. I really do believe, as does James Cameron and all the people who are actually pro-3-D, that you have to go out and shoot it that way. You have nothing but compromise if you don't."

So much for Robert Pattinson jumping off the screen and into your lap.