Rob Interested To Play Sinatra

Robert Pattinson has revealed he wants to play Frank Sinatra.

The 23-year-old actor shot to fame playing vampire Edward Cullen in the Twilight franchise, but now has his sights set on portraying the legendary Rat Pack singer.

“I would like to play Frank Sinatra in Martin Scorsese’s film, but so does everyone. I’m a little too young, I can sing but I can’t do his voice,” Robert told Grazia magazine. “There is a lot of competition. I’m not into competition.”

Robert is the latest in a long line of Hollywood stars who have expressed an interest in playing Sinatra in Scorsese’s upcoming biopic. Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Justin Timberlake, Jamie Foxx and George Clooney have all been linked to the movie.

Sinatra won 11 Grammy awards and also appeared in a string of movies before he died aged 82 in 1998. The FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) reportedly had a huge file on the star surrounding his links to the Mafia.

Robert still can’t believe he is seen as a Hollywood heartthrob and insists his fans would soon lose interest if they ever met him.

He explained: “I don’t feel sexy at all. I know that other people say it, but I’ve never thought like that. I never got any of the good-looking guy roles before Twilight, so it is all just hype anyway. If you talked to a fan for five minutes, the illusion would be gone.”

source via pattinsonlife