Kristen's Interview With Mirror UK


Mirror.UK We chat to New Moon’s Bella Swan, 19, about loving every minute of her Twilight years, coping with her crazy fans and kissing scenes with guys…

How about kissing scenes?
Kissing scenes are funny. When you know the other actor, you establish this thing and you know the story you’re telling. But for my new film, The Runaways, I had to kiss this guy who was a day player from Central Casting, who came over and said, ‘Hey, so we make out tonight, huh? I wonder how many takes we’re going to do.’ It’s like, get out of here! That’s so gross.

How difficult was it to do the break-up scenes with Robert?
Oh, that was the scariest thing. I was worried about messing it up. There’s nothing like that moment in reality. I know what’s it like to get broken up with, but I don’t know what it’s like to get broken up with by a vampire who I’ve been physically and chemically altered by. I was also worried about the absence of him. I was like, ‘How am I going to cope by myself in the woods with a hundred guys standing around me, filming me die?’ Basically, having the equivalent of like a death scene, but stay alive and get up and keep walking. It was hard.

People say you’re a mature young actress. Do you sometimes feel older than you are?
I do. I thought I was an adult when I was 12, so I have always had my own thoughts on things, and I have never been complacent. I’ve been brought up that way. Sometimes, when I was younger, I had to take care of my brothers and stuff. I wasn’t like a warrior, but I have never been that kid who doesn’t care a fig about anything. I’ve always had little concerns even when I was a kid.

Is it true your mum was a big vampire fan before Twilight?
She loves vampires and pirates, so she has trendy, cool interests. And she loves Twilight. Before my family were like, ‘Why are you always doing boring movies?’ We have different opinions on independent movies, but they are very proud of me.

For the rest of the interview, click here