Old EW Outtake with Older But Priceless Kristen Stewart Interview


Since we are all stalling and waiting for New Moon which is (check the countdown) 62 days more to go and Rob and Kristen are both busy filming Eclipse, I sifted through old interviews of Kristen and here is what I found, I just chose the ones that involved Robward of course.

Question: When did you realize people had an opinion about it all(meaning the Twilight Casting)?

KS: It was mentioned in the beginning of filming. Rob had gone online and seen that people were outraged by his casting. And mine too. And we were like, "Wow ... why?" It was a really slow progression because I didn't believe everybody. I was like, "Yeah, okay."

Question: You guys did a great job with the music here. Especially that ending scene with Iron and Wine.

KS: I chose that song!

Question: Nice! Well, if you could play DJ for a bit, what other songs would you choose to slow dance with Rob Pattinson to?

KS: Well, I picked the Iron and Wine song because it just made me cry. We played it in a rehearsal. That scene, I'm fine in the scene. But we rehearsed it and I couldn't get through it. Rob was like, "What's wrong with you?" and I'm like, "We can't listen to this song anymore."

Maybe like ... not the Astral Weeks version of "Beside You" by Van Morrison, but the one that was on The NY Recordings.

And uh, "Cul De Sac" by Van Morrison. I can't think of five. I'm already pretty proud of myself [for three].

(Rob and Kristen really bonded over music, great job for Rob who wooed Kristen with his passion for Van Morrison, worked very well for our boy. And don't you miss these times when they can talk days on end about their "chemistry"...nonstop.)

Question: Can you talk about the chemistry between you and Rob?

KS: If Rob didn't get the part, if they didn't think I was right about who we should cast, I couldn't have done the movie. I probably would have done it if he never came in and just made it work with someone else. But he was the only guy who came in feeling like it. He looked terrified, and you could feel pain from him. He wasn't just concerned with standing in a statuesque way and posing. He had the right things going on in his head and at the same time he was very responsive. He didn't have this set thing that he was doing, he could see me.

Depending on what I did he would change his performance. I hate it when people are so structured that they've got what they're doing down. But we could see each other. It was a responsiveness thing. I didn't have that with anybody else. I was thinking, "Argh, everyone is lying to me. Why are you lying? Just have the balls to do it for real!" I'm not saying live the story. But be there while you're there. He was the only one that did that. He's a really hard worker. And I like that. I don't like lazy actors.

Me and Rob are good friends. I'm not saying we're really close; we've both been really busy after the movie. But when you go through something like that, when you go through three months with this common goal, when you can't think of anything else for so long, we're pretty good friends. He can take credit for my little obsession with Van Morrison too.

(Kristen really fought hard to cast Rob as Edward and she was very vocal and mighty proud of her choice. Thank God for Kristen! )

Edward, played by Robert Pattinson, and Bella share a very intense love in this film. How was it working with Robert?

KS: Well, I basically cast him. We did one day of auditions and a bunch of guys came in. Catherine Hardwicke, the director, afterwards was like, "What do you think? This is such a hard choice." I was like, "Are you kidding me!? It's such an obvious choice!" It couldn't have been better. It was sort of perfect.

Take note that the interviews were before the Twilightmania and RobSten. -S
source and source