Cosmopolis Producer, Paulo Branco talks Rob and David Cronenberg

Sic fala com Paulo Branco sobre Cosmopolis e Robert



Special thanks to @patsystew for the translation. Video: Sicnoticias via twilightportugal

The tv piece starts by describing the movie's story. In it its mentioned that “Robert Pattinson gets away from the teen themes represented by the Twi Saga to be the lead actor of Cosmopolis”.
Then Paulo Branco starts to talk telling that “(Rob) in the beginning refused the role because he had a bit of fear of the challenge imposed by this movie. In this movie he is, from beginning to end, in all photograms (scenes)”
It was Paulo Brancos idea of adapting this book to the cinema and Cronenberg was the 1st director that the producer thought of.
It took me a while to get to him because, although I'd already met him, I didn't know him that well. At first he (Cronenberg) said it was a bit difficult to do it because of other projects he had going. I gave him he book and 24 hours later he phoned me saying “Paulo this is for me! It is the ideal book for me to adapt. Let's do this””
The piece continues by saying that Cosmopolis is one of the movies in competition for the Palm d'Or in Cannes. More then a win, the producer considers that the presence of the movie in Cannes is a showroom for the movie to the world.