Kristen on Breaking Dawn, Bella Being Pregnant


Over the course of two films she's romanced a good vampire, been terrorized, bitten, and chased by bad ones, and put herself in the path of a dangerously pissed off werewolf. Still, nothing has quite prepared Kristen Stewart for one particular challenge she'll face in the fourth Twilight book, Breaking Dawn. (Warning: spoilers ahead!)

Sitting in a Hollywood hotel with her Twilight Saga: New Moon and Twilight Saga: Eclipse co-star Dakota Fanning (with whom she also stars in this week's The Runaways, as the teen versions of rockers Joan Jett and Cherie Currie), Stewart spoke about one truly daunting element she'll have to deal with whenever the fourth and final Twilight book, Breaking Dawn, begins filming: motherhood.

In Stephenie Meyer's novel, Stewart's character Bella not only bears a child, she does it in an incredibly gruesome manner. When FEARnet asked if Stewart is ready to wrap her head around playing a young mother, she burst into nervous laughter. "Oh my god," she answered. "I don't know why that sounds so weird. That just blows my mind."

The 19-year-old actress explained. "Actually trying to get my head around it, not that it matters right now, I wonder… the way they have a child in the book is so traditional and classic; she's so happy. It's not like I don't want [kids], you know. I'd love to have a family - but not right now! That boggles my mind."

FEARnet posed a similar question to Fanning, who plays the lead Volturi enforcer, Jane: Are you ready to portray a baby hunter? But Fanning, ever the professional, could not yet confirm her involvement in Breaking Dawn. "I don't know if I'm going to be in it," she demurred. Stewart turned to her. "You're gonna be in the movie."

Stewart's mind turned back to Bella's Breaking Dawn exploits. "It's insane. It's crazy. I have to do that soon," she said. "Oh my god, I have to be pregnant, I have to give birth -- I wonder if that's going to be in the movie…"

So do we, Kristen.
sourcevia kstewartfans