Mission:Blacklist Updates. Eric Maddox Interview + Distribution News

Eric Maddox talked to WRKORadio and discussed approving the decision of casting Rob, meeting Rob for 14 hours earlier this month, how committed he is to the project, scouting locations in Iraq and more.



Or listen to the full interview HERE. At 11:10 (talks about having the final decision on Rob's casting) and 22:38 (talks about meeting Rob and more about the movie).

YouTube via RPLife

Transcript:
Eric Maddox: Well, a team a couple of years ago purchased the rights of my book to turn it into a movie and they took it from there, they got a screenplay, writer Erik Jendresen, the gentleman who wrote Band of Brothers, and got a director and producers and then they just made their decision in May to have Robert Pattinson play the lead part in the movie and ...
Host: He's the heartthrob guy from Twilight.
EM: Correct.
Host: That is pretty awesome. I mean, did you have any say in which Hollywood stag is to play Eric Maddox?
EM: Well, they gave me the final decision. I let them do all the work...like I said, I mean... Afghanistan obviously I was very busy so I let them do what they think is best and I get the final decision and for me it was a no-brainer. I said absolutely! Whatever you did to get that guy to be a part of this movie, I think is wonderful and I fully support it.
Host: Did they have any schedule for filming, any idea when it will hit theaters?
EM: I have no idea when its gonna hit the theaters. They plan on starting the filming at the end of this year. They are currently at the Cannes Film Festival in France selling and I think its all going well. Like I said, I don't have that close hold on all the activities but I believe that is the schedule.
(...)
On meeting Rob and scouting location in Iraq, question from MaryAnn/@BellaSophia3530)
EM: They're going to be scouting locations in Iraq if they make that decision then so be it. The one major request I had is that they keep the story as authentic as possible. The director for the film is Jean-Stephane Sauvaire and he insist on it being authentic and he refuses to put any part of it that is not real and raw and true so that is one thing that they're very encouraged about and I met with Robert Pattinson for 14 hours earlier this month, right when I came back from Afghanistan and that level of commitment. I mean we're talking about a guy who is super famous and really popular and we met for 14 hours and he focused exclusively on the project and want to get down to the nitty gritty of the project and his entire focus was on the project. It wasn't about him or his needs and from that I realized that this is the guy who is dedicated to his work and wanted to put in the hours ...so that's what made me certain that they have built a right team for this.



'Mission: Blacklist’ gets picked for the Middle East and North African (MENA) region
Photobucket

FrontRowFB Front Row FIlmed Entertainment and KNCC (Kuwait National Cinema Company) acquire the MENA (Middle East and North African) rights to "Mission:Blacklist" starring Robert Pattinson who will play the role of Sgt. Maddox. The military mastermind behid the Saddam Hussein's capture.

via MissionBlacklistFilm