Rob, Kristen, and Taylor in Candy Magazine - Philippines November 2011

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com


Thanks to CarmelaP for sending in the scans. Better quality cover via Candymag.com
New Rob and Kristen  quotes in the article/interview by Ms.Nepales
"I think we have influenced pop culture and vampire stuff, because there are a lot of things that look exactly like Twilight now. There was a strange energy about it which I don't think anyone saw coming. Maybe it will be emulated again."

About Edward "There are certainly incredibly bizaare moments in the story. But I think its good. I think in every movie -Edward becomes more and more human. He is like stunted with experiences. He does not have normal life experiences. I've never really seen Edward as a hero to be honest. I think both Edward and Jacob are almost the opposite of what a hero is. I think both of them are incredibly blinkered to a lot of things. Throughout the series , they become a little bit more open to the rest of the world and other people's interests, especially Edward."

More of Rob and Kristen's quotes under the CUT


"I think its really in this film and the second part, when he has a kid, that he is allowed to think. He is controlling, introverted, kind of insular person. As soon as he has a kid, it completely changes his mind. He becomes a different person. He can accept his maturity. Whereas before, he just refused to accept anything about his life , other than the fact that he almost puts all his love to Bella. He almost puts all his responsibilities into that relationship so he doesn't have to deal with anything. Its like the only thing keeping him alive is this girl. There is nothing else to him in this world so he has not really claimed anything. And then as soon as you bring in another creature into the world, then your realm of understanding and your realm of interests and priorities have become much wider."

"Since I fell into acting to begin with, I have been basically learning and just experimenting with how to be better. What I actually wanted to do with myself through each movie is to experiment. Up until the first Twilight, you could really try and find your style and share your ideas without being judged too harshly. But then, after the first one, everyone is watching your work.

"Because your movies are popular, you are the most seen. And you are expected to be the finished product. You are supposed to be polished. You are supposed to be a professional. But that just does not happen overnight. Maybe it does with some people . I do not know. I do not necessarily want to be defined by that."

"I have been kind of trying to think of how to achieve want I want to achieve in the context of everyone watching and kind of judging. It kind of stressed me out for a little bit. But now I guess, I am more relaxed because its the end of the series. I used to have to wedge in other movies between Twilght movies. And I was always concerned that I might be oversaturating audiences with Edward, Edward, Edward all the time. But as it has finished, I feel like I do not really have anything to lose and I can do whatever I feel might be cool."

Kristen quotes:
About Breaking Dawn "It was interesting to play such a solid relationship in this one. There are points where you sort of wonder how Bella and Edward are going to fare. In this case, they do feel incredibly united and like a family. They are not just a couple anymore. They are bonded. They are married. It is done. To see them trying to work through their problems is interesting because they are definitely at odds on many different levels. [Their issues are now more adult] and it really pegs them against each other in an interesting way. It's weird to see Bella so vulnerable and Edward genuinely angry. You know Bella has always said that she is willing to die for all these things. And she has come close - you see her literally almost commit suicide for it. She is giving herself completely to it."

Costar Kristen Stewart who was seated beside Taylor when we talked to him, revealed, "A hero is somebody who is able to do things that the common person is just not capable of. He has strength  and a concern for the whole rather than a narcissistic  drive to just be happy. Taylor is an incredibly passionate dude- he has a stronger mind than most people I have ever met. I am sure if you put him in the right situation, he would definitely, absolutely be like the cliche version of a hero."