'The Summer House' Director, Daisy Gili Talks about Rob

This is just the 'Rob parts' in the article. Read the rest at MTV

First-time director Daisy Gili said she actually cast Rob because she was recommended him by Campbell Mitchell, who had worked on props for another of his early projects, "The Haunted Airman."

"He said, this guy is amazing, and he's really nice, and I think he'd be really up for working on a short film," Gili told MTV News. "I saw a picture of him and I thought, he's fantastic."

Gills felt the character of Richard was a struggle for Rob, because he had to play someone so different from himself. "He's quite a gentle person. He's a really nice person. And he has to play quite a not very nice character, and I think he struggled with that," Gili said. "He wasn't playing a role that he was particularly comfortable with, but he still manages to have a real presence: brooding, slightly menacing. You're never quite sure whether he wants her because he wants to have sex with her or because he loves her. And I think he delivers that brilliantly."

The Summer House" , a 13-minute long short, had its premiere at the Toronto Film Festival earlier this year, and is going to be offered for $1.99 on iTunes starting July 13 by Shorts International. It will next be shown at the Rushes Soho Short Film Festival later this month. But for anyone hoping to catch a sight of Rob promoting the short, Gili said she feels chances are slim. Many things have changed in the life of Robert Pattinson since he performed as Richard, and now he is much harder to get in contact with. In fact, Gills doesn't even know if he's seen the film, though she knows many of his fans want to.

"A whole variety of people are really interested, and I hope that they'll enjoy what they see. I hope they won't be disappointed that there isn't more of him, if you know what I mean," she said. "And I hope he enjoys it too! I've not heard back from him about it. I think his agent saw."

source via