Chris Weitz Admits He Made a Mistake About NM DVD Deleted Scenes


Twi’hards are going to be out for Chris Weitz’s blood.

The director of “Twilight: New Moon” says the film’s DVD, to be released Saturday, will not include deleted scenes like he had promised.

“I’m basically a big, fat liar,” Weitz tells NBC’s PopcornBiz. “I put it out there that there are deleted scenes, but I just realized there aren’t. It was an honest mistake.”

The filmmaker only recently realized that “Twilight’s” production company, Summit, will be spreading the series extras across several DVD releases.

“I don’t want to get Twilight fans banging down my door demanding deleted scenes,” Weitz says, adding that the slow release was a marketing choice.

Weitz admitted that he believes Summit made the decision to profit more heavily from subsequent DVD releases.

On “New Moon,” fans will have to make do with a making-of documentary and commentary by Weitz. letmesign/source
I don't know what deleted scenes CW is referring to, because my NM DVD has the Deleted Scenes in it. Yep, I already have mine. YEY! So, I'm kinda confused.
Sad to say, the Edward Goes to Italy special feature was the same Collider bts, pffft. "Becoming Jacob" is more interesting. It has a special RobSten moment at the beginning, when they were filming the final confrontation scene. I'll try to come up with some caps. If only I knew how to upload in YT- lol. Anyway, I'm pretty sure many of the special features, deleted scenes will be uploaded shortly in youtube.